Wednesday, March 27, 2013

What NOT to be........a butcher!

Today, I accomplished a few things.  I cleaned my house a little, worked on some projects, visited Magda in Quiche, went to see what was happening in Chichi and picked up my turkey.

This is the large Catholic Church, as they are preparing for three days of celebration.  The parades will start tomorrow and the crowds have already started to gather.  I can not tell you how many containers of honey they are selling in the streets.  I will have to get some more photos tomorrow.

I have been wanting to buy turkey for a long time but it is just not an easy thing to do.  So, the other day, I walked through the market asking where to buy one.  One lady offered to sell me one but it would be alive.  Well, I do not have the interest in killing and plucking it myself so, I asked her to do it for me.

When I went to pick it up today, I was not prepared when I opened the bag. I had not thought about all of the extra parts!!

I cut the head off, cleaned in inside out, put the feet in a bag and carried them to my neighbor lady.  I knew she would know what to do with the "extras!"

I know I do not want to be a butcher in my next life!

3 comments:

Mom said...

Sheri, that is just gross!!!! I don't think I'll ever buy another turkey!!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

You are a better woman than I! But you're right--Lucita will know just what to do with those extras!

Hilarious post!

Dad said...

Sheri
Have you forgot all the rabbits squirrels and wild game we use to clean. When you were little it did not bother you
Dad