Saturday, March 16, 2013

ABC Education in Mactzul I

This morning, Cesibel, Cesar and I went to Mactzul I for a day of ABC Education.  If you have been able to read our blogs, you will know that we have begun the sexual education classes in our communities.  The classes have gone real well and we have had good attendance.

Cesibel translated for me today and she did a wonderful job!  I had no doubt in her ability but I knew that she was nervous.  She did great!  We had between 17 and 25 people in each of our classes.

At the end of the first session, the young girls get the opportunity to color.  Cesibel with two of the girls.

Even the mothers want to color.  When we finished, all of the girls brought me their papers to look at.........and even the mothers did too!

Two more girls enjoying their time.

I slipped over to see the guys and Cesar was getting ready to finish his first session.

 I always encourage questions in our classes.  Sometimes, people have questions and sometimes not.  There were a couple today but not a lot.  The mothers did verbalize their appreciation for these classes since they know that this is a topic not addressed by many parents.

It was a beautiful day!  The skies were a beautiful Carolina blue!

We enjoyed lunch together and then headed back to Chichi.  I took advantage of the nice afternoon and did laundry.

In the morning, Sandra and I will go to Quiche for morning worship.  I think it will be a restful weekend!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Carolina blue? Are you sure about that? LOL