Friday, October 21, 2011

Classes in Sepela

Today, Maury, Juan and I went to Sepela to teach another hygiene class. I think this will be the last one since the schools are getting ready to close for the year. I have enjoyed doing them and it has been fun taking different people to each school. All of the promoters have added something different. I think the students have learned a lot from the classes and I also think the guys have enjoyed participating.

We had six classes today. This was the first class we visited and it was the youngest class.

Juan volunteered to be "Dirty Juan" today. He did a much better job than I did. I have tried but I, I just can't pull it off :(

Here, Maury is telling the class about Dirty Juan. He does not bath, brush his teeth and his personal hygiene leaves a lot to be desired.

This was the last class of the day. As you can see, there are always some class clowns that keep things interesting.

Before we left the school, we were invited to stay for mosh and Corn Flakes. It was one of those times that you smile and say, "Thank you." Then you just hope for the best as you eat it :)

We went to Clinic Caris to work on a few things before we were done for the day.

After we, finished the sun was out!! Wow! It has been almost three weeks since we have had any significant sun. When I got home, I opened the windows and washed clothes. I swept, mopped and waxed the floor.......and when it was drying, I sat in the sun and read. What a fun day!

Please be praying for Kemmel and Lisa as they travel to Guatemala City this weekend. Kemmel slid and hurt his arm. They will be going to get an MRI on his arm. Please pray for healing and good results on the MRI. Thank you.

No comments: