Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Classes in Lemoa and dinner with friends

This morning, Gaspar and I went to the school in Lemoa to talk to about 200 students about hygiene. Until now, the classes have been received well by students as well as the teachers but today........for some reason, that was not our experience.

There were only two classes of students and two teachers that were interested. Two teachers just left the room and one would not talk at all with us. Gaspar and I took turns trying to find some way to grab their attention but we failed. In one class, the teacher just watched as two of the students continued to play until they fell out of their seats, knocking the desks totally over! At one time while Gaspar was talking, I could tell the teacher was approaching me. I thought she might be going to tell me that she did not approve or something..........but what she did was interrupt the class, wanting to discuss her own health issues!! As Lisa would say, "Good night, nurse!!"

So, the highlight of the day was when I was invited to dinner! I was able to see some friends that I had not seen for quite awhile and it was an enjoyable evening. This group is here in Chichi, interviewing students for possible scholarships.

I had a sandwich and some fruit and it was very good! A kind man from Israel offered to take our photo.

(L to R) Danny, me, Cynthia, Harriet, Lisa, Kemmel and Judy

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Lemoa.

No comments: