Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday........good day!

This morning I was at home working on the educational plan for 2010. I think the possibilities are exciting. Our Health Care Promoters will learn much more and then eventually they will be teaching others to teach the information. The knowledge will spread and the people will be healthier physically and we also include spiritual teachings.

Lisa, Glenn and Neva had 28 patients at the clinic so I went to help them. There were several regular patients that came. The young man from Mactzul VI came that we saw last week. He looked like a lot different and it was for the better! He could walk and he actually was smiling! He still has a way to go but he will slowly get stronger.

Juan and I went to visit Armando. He is getting stronger but still needs to use his walker. They are doing some construction in the house and he told us that he is able to do a little of the work. When I first met him, he would not have been able to do this. It is nice to see him somewhat stronger.

This is Armando's wife and baby. The baby is one month old.

Smile for your first photo!!

So, it was a great day. It is good to patients progress and do well.

We had a patient at the clinic today that had stomach problems. I noticed that she was costumbre but I invited her to go to worship with me on Sunday. When I asked her, she said, "No I am costumbre." I told her that she was still invited. I wrote my number down for her and I told her I would meet her on Sunday if she called. I pray that she will call me..........she speaks primarily K'iche' so this could be interesting.

Tomorrow we are off to Mactzul V to check out the ABC Children.

No comments: