Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last clinic of the year!!

OK guys........I do not have any photos from today. It was a busy day with 16 patients at the clinic and then we made a house call on two more patients.

We saw a variety of patients today but nothing very serious.

We saw several diabetics and all, let me repeat all, had extremely high blood sugars. I think everyone has started celebrating early. Even a few that have been successfully controlling their blood sugar fell short.....or jumped high, I should say.

One lady with her baby came to the clinic again today. When the baby was born, he weighed only 5.9 pounds. He has continued to gain weight as we have seen him.......well, today she came and told us he has another problem. Yes, he now has two hernias. We talked about different options she has but I reinforced it was not an emergency.

I could tell she did not really like what I was saying so when we were finished, I asked her if she had any more questions. She said she wanted to talk to Lisa so I called Lisa to see if she had any more suggestions. Lisa did not have anything different but I could she was still not happy. I don't know what else I could tell her.

We went to visit the patients in the house near the clinic. The lady has arthritis but the gentleman, unfortunately, has had a stroke. It is a very difficult situation for them. It looked as he had a lot of family support and I hope it continues.

So, I drove back to Lisa and Kemmel's to park the truck........guess who was in the house talking to Lisa? The patient with the little baby...........I am sure that Lisa reassured her.

OK, it is time for vacation........we will leave Chichi at 0800.......then it is on to the airport for me. Lisa, Kemmel, Neva and Glenn will fly out at different times..............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.