Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Day to catch up................

Today is a holiday in Guatemala so our clinics were postponed for the day.

I want to introduce you to my new rooommate. He somehow flew into the house last night.........probably through the center court since there is no roof to the house. Last night he was flying against the window and sounded like someone was trying to break in. I have been a little nervous since my neighbor lady was recently robbed. Since that happened, she has bought two dogs, closed in part of her house with a metal wall and her sons have wrapped the whole house in barb-wire fencing. Anyway, my new roommate has a 8-10 inch wing span and can make quite a lot of noise at night.

Robert, a dentist that visits us every year, needed some photos with candles.......not sure why but I was glad to get them.

This is Josefina with two young girls at our Choacaman IV clinic.

This is Marcos, Maury, Gaspar and Martina before our clinic in Lemoa.

Today, I made a trip to Santa Cruz just to get some stuff done. I got photos taken for the renewal of my internatinal driver's license, got my hair cut and visited the grocery store. Ann, who graduated from Michigan Christian College a year before me, sent me some CDs. Thank you again, Ann. I cranked up the music, washed clothes and cleaned the house.........all before the rains began :)

Tomorrow, Gaspar, Juan and I will go to Xepol. It will be our fourth clinic there and is about a two hour drive. I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope "he" is a butterfly; not a moth--watch your clothes closely!:)