Saturday, June 20, 2009

Clinic in Chuchipaca..........or is it Mactzul I????

When Lisa picked me up this morning we had a difficult time communicating............we just continued to look at each other with more quizzical looks.....not understanding the problem. Well, I had looked at the calender wrong and thought we were having clinic in Chutzurob, when in reality we were suppose to be in Mactzul I. Once Lisa re-oriented me, things went smooth.

Nathan helped us set up the exam room. Please see Lisa's blog at http://www.kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com/ on her true feelings of the exam room :)

In January, when the Pepperdine group was here, I introduced you to Tomas and his family. Today they came for a visit. This is Rogelio and his little sister, Libiana, who he still loves very much. Tomas continues to help us with the clinic and his family is doing well. Libiana is now 5 months old.
Between patients these boys would run behind the trucks and call my name.......wanting me to take their photo.

Miguel is one of our favorite boys in the community. He is always funny and full of energy. Unfortunately, this week he hurt his eye with a nail. We gave him some eye drops, made an eye patch and he will follow-up with Josefina on Monday in Clinica Caris. Doesn't he look full of mischief?

We saw 6 patients today, which is a small clinic for Mactzul I. We think they confused some date. We wrote the dates down for July to help prevent this again.

OK, when you see Nathan again, ask him the meaning of, "I just rocked the bathroom!" I was afraid to ask many questions.........I will let you do that :)

It is the weekend.........time to catch up on laundry, unpack those suitcases and clean the house.




No comments: