Saturday, August 2, 2008

Returning to Guatemala

So, it is time to head back to Guatemala. The time has been short and I added a few things to the week but it was a good one.

As we were leaving the house, I heard mom yell to my dad, "We dressed the same, we can not leave the house like this!" Hmmmmm, is this from being married so many years?? And just so you know, my mom is on the left and my dad is on the right.......sorry, I couldn't resist that!!! :):)
They may not let me back in the house in December!

In the airport, I ran into Dr. Philip that comes down twice a year. He is a plastic physician that does surgery at the clinic. He invited me to sit with him so we spent the flight talking about Guatemala and other things going on.

We arrived safely and found the bus and everyone waiting for us. It was good to see some people I had not seen since last year. Dr. Philip and that group loaded the bus and headed to Montellano. I met Lisa and Kemmel and we headed for Chichi and Santa Cruz. They were very kind to offer to bring me home. We stopped for a quick lunch and then were back on the road.

In the morning I will pick up Josefina and Manuel and we will head to Montellano for a few days.

No comments: