Monday, August 4, 2008

Clinic in Montellano---Surgery Begins

I met Josefina at 0630 and we drove to Chichi for Manuel......then we were off to Montellano. It was a good drive with minimal traffic and we arrived a few minutes before worship. We invited the people that were having surgery to join us and many did. As usual, these Sundays are crowed with nervous patients not knowing what is in store for them.

It is amazing and very humbling that people put their life in our hands or the lives of their children when they are hoping for a better life or a life free from pain. I think that the opportunities that we give people physically only open doors for the possibilities that could heal them spiritually. We are limited with physically healing but Jesus can heal the soul. Spiritual seeds are planted daily.

Last night at 10pm my phone rang and it was the brother of Tomas who had surgery about 3 months ago. She was the lady that had the mass that was 12-14 pounds, I can't remember the details. Anyway, she was asking to worship with me in Santa Cruz. Unfortunately, I had to tell her I would be in Montellano but encouraged her to call to me next Saturday I would be glad to go and get her so she could ride with me.

These photos below are of Edison, who lives near Panajchel. He was a baby found by Jane, with Evelyn's Baskets of Love and Life. My parents congregation, Morganton Church of Christ, is paying for his surgery in memory of my grandmother, who died a couple of months ago.

This is Edison and his mom before surgery.
Now, look at those beautiful eyes!!

This is Edison, being held by his mom, just a few minutes after being taken to the recovery area.

Edison still has his nasal tubes in just to help keep his nose open. The mittens are being used so he doesn't accidentally pull out anything. This photo is just a few hours after surgery and he was very active!

I will follow this blog with more photos.........stay tuned!













No comments: