Sunday, July 22, 2007

Night in Antigua



Mom and I hopped a Chicken Bus to Antigua early Saturday morning. Mary, who I lived with for a total of seven weeks while I studied Spanish, helped us find a room. The first photo is of Mary and Mom in the hotel where Mary made reservations for us.

We then went to see my teacher, Juliet and had lunch with her family. On the way home it started raining so hard, let me tell you.....we got soaked! After returning to the room and using the hair dryer to dry our jeans, we hit the street to look for shoes and whatever.......

We had dinner in one of my favorite restaurants. If you notice the painting on the wall behind mom, then look at the bottom photo of mom in the street, it is the exact location in Antigua.

The time in Antigua was not very long but we enjoyed it.

It was moms first "Chicken Bus" experience. She only has a few bruises and sore ribs from holding on. When we changed buses in Chimaltenango, mom had the opportunity of climbing up the ladder in the back of the bus to find a seat. She asked me, "Who's hand pushed my tush??" I just smiled :) I thought she needed help! On the return ride she landed in the aisle, on her tush! Even the Guatemalans found humor in that!! I then held her jacket to keep her in the seat as she held on with both arms as if she was on a roller-coaster! Yahooooo!!!!!

We arrived safely back in Santa Cruz..........and we are ready to head out tomorrow for a clinic in Chimente.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Hi Sheri
You are doing a great job. We are very proud of you. When you get home I will fix you a tomatoe & cucumber sandwhich with mayo and salt. Fresh from the garden
Love Dad