Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mom's first clinic......

Mom, Teresa and Jon all arrived at the airport without any problems. We took a shuttle to Antigua from the airport and checked into our hotel. Later in the evening we had dinner....and then called it an early night.

Mom is now in Santa Cruz with me. We had clinic yesterday in Lemoa with our record number of 27 patients.....no time for photos. We then went to Chichicastenango to welcome Dr. Hurley and his family who will be helping us for two weeks while Lisa and Kemmel are in the states.

Today we traveled to Xetzac and saw 17 patients.

Mom is enjoying the traveling and food. For her first meal, I made her fried bean sandwiches with cheese and avocados. She can not wait for her next sandwich. Tonight we pasta and fresh pineapple.

Other than my hair looking like it got hit with a weed-eater, black circles under my eyes and slightly anorexic, she thinks I look great :):):)

I told her to bring warm clothes but today was the first time she has been warm.....and she even had a hot shower tonight. I never promised her water pressure.

The first photo is of mom and two of her new children Tomas and Josefina. "Ginny" is hard for the Guatemalans to pronounce, so I have told them that they could call her mom. The next photo is of Tomas relaxing between patients.

Tomorrow we will head to a new clinic and Dr. Hurley will accompany us.

No comments: