Monday, October 15, 2018

Back in Chichicastenango and All is Well

I am back in Chichi after the surgical trip at the coast.  During the trip, I saw some awesome people and that I already knew.  I also met some wonderful people, who responded to our need and they signed up for the clinic at the last minute.  They said, "Here I am.  Send me!"  They had a powerful experience with the HTI team and I believe they will return and bring others with them. 

That last comment reminds me of Sandy, who came on an HTI trip by herself, back in the early 2000's. She did know know Spanish but she was determined to learn it so she could return the next year and translate for patients.

During the next year, she studied Spanish and returned with her husband.  Later, she returned with her children and her sister.......who then brought her husband and then their children.  Later the children married and now they have returned with their spouses.........and the story is still being written.

This is the photo of the OR team from the October 2018 Surgical Clinic. Those who worked in the OR, could not wait to return to tell others what a great group of physicians that they worked with.

The Trip Report will soon be out and I will let you know when it is published.

I have to share one more...............Mark, a caregiver, went above and beyond! He had a cake prepared for a patient, when it was her birthday!  I apologize that I chopped his head off but I had to stand on a bed to get the photo.....there were so many people surrounding to sing, "Happy Birthday!"

 And as for everything that HTI does, we want to remember that is all for the Glory of God.


No comments: