Thursday, July 19, 2018

Clinic and ABC Check-ups in Mactzul II

This week we had a clinic in Mactzul II and the ABC Children from this area came to have a dental exam.

It was a busy clinic and we really enjoyed it.  I had between 14 and 17 medical patients.

Dental was very busy with about 30 children.  Aura is attending the patient in the back and Martina is attending the patient on the right.  Emilio, who is doing a rotation with us, is documenting the information as they examine the patients.

I had two very interesting patients today.

One lady had been a member at this congregation for many years and now is attending someplace different.  As I asked questions, Enrique translated.  After a few questions and we could see that the lady was wanting to talk about her spiritual life.  Enrique asked if he could speak with her.........I told him, "Of course!"  I love to ask questions that open doors for discussions.  They talked for a long time and we will see what happens due to this consult.

Another patient, is having marital problems.  Her husband has been seeing other women and they have eleven children.  She wants to make the marriage work and she said that her husband is wanting to do the same.  I asked her if they would like to talk to Gaspar.  I explained that he visits with patients and helps when there are problems in the home.  Sometimes it takes an "outside ear" to help unravel the issues at hand.  I called Gaspar and gave him the contact information.

Please pray for these patients and that they will make the best decisions possible.

No comments: