Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy Birthday Erin!!

It has been a good weekend!

Yesterday, Manuel and I went to Chiqua for clinic.  It was the last clinic in this area for the year.  We had 12 patients and we were pleased with this.

Today, I went to Quiche for worship in the morning.  I had mentioned that Magda was going to go with me to worship.......I was so excited!  When I arrived at her house, the door was opened and I knew she was waiting for me.  When I knocked, she answered but she was not dressed.  She had forgotten and told me that she would not go.

As I walked away, I then realized how excited I had been because now, I was really sad.  It was just very sad but I will continue to try and talk to her about her relationship with God.

This evening, we celebrated Erin's birthday!  Happy Birthday Erin!  She has been working with Jennifer in ASELSI and have been coming to Lemoa to help us with our patients.  It has been fun getting to know her and we hope that she will return again next year.

Carol and Susie resting.  Carol baked Erin's birthday cake and it was wonderful!  Susie getting a little rest after a full day of cooking.

Erin told us about how they had celebrated earlier in the week and she had fer face pushed into the cake.  This is a Guatemalan tradition and she survived!!

Tomorrow morning, I go to the clinic to visit with six children that need cleft lip and palate repairs. These children live near Panajachel and Hector will drive them down in the morning.

No comments: