Sunday, November 13, 2011

Only in Guatemala

This morning I went to Santa Cruz for worship. The lesson was really good on the significance of blood. He talked about the event in Exodus when the blood was put on the door posts so the death angel would pass by. Bringing that over to the New Testament, our salvation is only found in the blood of Christ.

When I returned to Chichi, I started my list of things to do............I love to accomplish things that sometimes have to be put on hold. I cleaned and cleaned. Then I was able to look at a new camera that Julie was kind to bring me. My current one is getting ready to die so I want to be prepared when that happens.

OK, so now for the story of the day.....................As I was doing my blog this evening, I heard a lot of noise in the yard and it sounded like a chicken. Within a few seconds, Nakko was barking and causing a lot of commotion in the yard. Now, Tomasita has chickens and some roosters but they are in a pen and never have escaped.

Nakko, trapped it is near my door but I could not see it due to the flowers and it also being dark outside. Besides, I do not want to see blood shed. So, I come back to the table, continue to work and try to ignore the noise.

Then, someone begins knocking on my door and I want to ignore it. Whoever it is, is persistent. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap..........it goes on and on. I finally get up and go out to see Lucita with her flashlight in hand. She is the lady that kindly keeps me stocked in Diet Coke.

She tells me that her chicken jumped off her roof and now is in our yard. She thinks that Nakko is killing it. I go to get my flashlight and we begin to search the yard for Nakko and her chicken. We find them, with the chicken in Nakko's mouth. He drops it for a second and we can see it is still alive but he quickly snatches it up again and runs. Lucita screams for him to drop it but he keeps running. She continues to go after him and he just bounds in the opposite direction.

I come in the house to get a broom. I find Nakko and the chicken close to the apartment behind my house. We eventually get Nakko to drop it so Lucita and her chicken can be on their way.

So, I am sure by now that the chicken has been plucked, cooked and eaten..............and it is just another interesting story of living here in Guatemala.

No comments: