Friday, November 4, 2011

HTI Team meets Paxot II

This morning, one part of the team traveled with us to Paxot II. Paxot is a welconing community and we had a great clinic.

Since the road to Paxot is not that bad, we had a van go with us. This way, no one had to walk to clinic as some had to do yesterday in Chutzurob. I went ahead in the Suk with Debra, Ashton and Landon. When we arrived we went up on the roof to enjoy the view.

I told them about my parents visiting with me last year and them learning how to say, "Paxot Segundo." It is one of those stories that you have to hear in person to understand but here they are practicing the pronunciation. We had fun with it and this photo is for my parents.

We did not have a dentist today so setting up clinic was quick. Before we prayed, Katie started playing with the children. They were jumping off the steps to see who could jump the farthest. John marked their accomplishments. I think the little guys tired before Katie and she wanted to continue jumping!!

Katie, did finally get serious and begin working..........just kidding of course!!! She taught Dustin how to do different things and they both were a big help!

This is the group before we left.

I think the final count was about 30 patients. It was a great day and we have tomorrow to look forward to!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheri,
Now, you know that I did not have a hard time with the name. They must be imitating your dad!!!! LOL