Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The children will capture your heart!



Josefina, Gaspar and I had clinic today in Las Trampas. Manuel and Tomas headed to Panajachal with the MET students as they began their travel back to the States.

As we were getting ready to finish for the day about 10 children showed up. They thought I was the most unusual person they had ever seen. I could hardly walk without stepping on them as they herded around me. We took photos and acted silly even as they helped us pack the truck.

After we returned to Santa Cruz, Josefina's mom called me and asked me if I wanted to go hike some ruins with them........sure! I headed down the road with Josefina, her parents and her brother Juan Diego. The ruins were beautiful but unfortunately I did not have my camera.

We walked into a cave until we could not see the light from the outside. We found several areas where people had built fires and had sacrificed small animals as chickens. Some of the fires were still smoldering and the remaining feathers were a give-away.


We had about 20 minutes before we needed to leave so we played soccer in a field. It was a wonderful day with new and exciting adventures......and safe travel....Gracias a Dios!

No comments: