Wednesday, June 20, 2007

ABC Clinic in La Palma



We were back in La Palma today for a clinic with the ABC children. We did our 20 minute walk through the path you can see in the first photo and then we saw 26 children.

Since the ABC program also helps the children with clothing, the first photo is of Manuel measuring the children for clothing.

The second photo is of a child that must be the best stone tosser in the world. He would prance around, complete a few circles and let them fly with all the strength he had. My only hope was that he did not go over the edge.

The excitement of the day was when a cow came running from the woods down the path. That cow was running! The children started screaming and the dogs started barking and chasing the cow. I am not sure who was making the most noise.

We finished seeing the children about 1pm and then we were served lunch. As usual, it was very good.....we had scrambled eggs, black beans, tortillas and rice milk.

No clinic tomorrow but on Friday we will be in Tzanixam. The Dunhams will be with us and then after clinic they will return to the States for a month. I pray that they have safe travels and they enjoy their time with family and friends.

2 comments:

barbara said...

Sheri, I am really enjoying reading your daily notes. Janice told me about your mission. I was not aware you were doing this and I am so excited for you. I know you are serving God in a wonderful way. I am sending your blog site to a friend of mine to enjoy. She has started a wonderful quilt ministry at her church that makes prayer quilts for anyone that they feels needs one. A very good friend of mind and Janice’s passes away in January from cancer and she made a quilt for him. All of our friends helped tie the quilt and everyone said a prayer when they did the tie. I told her about you and she is very excited to start reading about the work you are doing. I am very proud of you Sheri. May God bless you in your work

Sheri said...

Barbara, if you read this, please email me at fscubarn@aol.com. I would like to get your email address. Thank you for your comments!