Sunday, March 3, 2024

Running to Chichicastenango

Yesterday, we made out way to Chichicastenango to participate in a week of medical/ mobile clinics.  So the plan was for Naby and Karla, two of our dentists to travel apart from us, and I would bring Vanessa dn Yoli with me from Ezell.

Vanessa and Yoli arrived and we packed the truck up.  Before we were out the gate, Vanessa asked if we could pray.  I said, "Sure!"  I had already prayed for our safe travels but a few more prayers never hurt! So we prayed for our safety and for all others traveling.

We arrived in time for lunch at the Santo Tomas Hotel and then, we hit the streets!!  Naby had been through Chichi a few times but it had been several years.  For the others, it is their first time......so I am excited.

We first went through the streets and we visited the market.  They loved the color!

 
We then progressed to the Catholic Church. The streets were full with a lot of different activities and it was good to see the tourism some better than last time I was here.
 
 
I had wanted to visit my friend to buy some mango but after lunch at Santo Tomas, I decided to wait until tomorrow.
 
Vanessa saw a lady making some ice cream and curling it up in rolls......she was so excited since she had never seen this before. Vanessa is in the red and she is a dental assistant.  Yoli is behind her and  works as a dental hygienist.
 
Yoli went to make a purchase for her mom and we clicked a quick photo.  Karla, Vanessa, myself and Naby..........messing around in the streets.
 
We met to discuss how we would work through the week.  We have a group of students from Harding University with us and we will be in two communities for two day. Monday and Tuesday, we will be in Paxot III and on Wednesday and Thursday, we will be in Chuchipaca.
 
We met with the Church of Christ for their evening worship and then dinner at Santo Tomas.
 
What a week we have ahead of us!  As Kemmel and Lisa said, "It is just like old times!" I am thrrilled at the opportunity!



No comments: