Sunday, May 28, 2023

The 2023 MET Students Have Arrived in Montellano

Last Saturday, I had the opportunity to meet the 2023 MET Students at the airport and to take them to Tecpan for the night, before arriving in Quetzaltenango.  Bode had sent me a photo but I could not have missed them........they are ready for the adventure that are in front of them!

Will, Asiah and John at the airport before arriving in Guatemala.

We met Lisa and Kemmel at Pollo Campero's before getting on the road and made our way to Tecpan.  We arrived in good time, even though the traffic had stopped twice on us.  We just navigated our way through a small community and skipped whatever had been going on.

Saddly, I must admit that I hit a dog on the road.  I remember saying, "I am sorry. That is the first time I have ever done that. I am just sorry."  I thought he/ she was stopping in the center of the highway but ti decided to go for it..........I confessed to Kemmel that evening.  I use to confess to Lisa but now I confess to both of them :)

We made it to Tecpan and then had dinner.  It was a quiet evening and then it was time to sleep.

In the morning, we had breakfast and then a time of worship.

We made it to Quetzaltenango in decent time and I waited until the students were to be taken to their families. They will stay with a family, study Spanish, enjoy activities at the school and then go to Chichicastenango for a few days.

 I will see them around the 30th and I am sure that they will have a lot of stories to share!


 


No comments: