Monday, August 22, 2022

A Day in the Samayac Clinic

Every day is different for me and that is good.  I do not want to run the risk of being bored.  That is not a pleasant event.

I have the opportunity to go out into the clinics and help the promoters, when there is a need. I enjoy getting out and getting to know these communities.  There is a lot of difference between living here and in Chichicastenango and I am learning to appreciate both cultures.

This clinic, is in a community called Rio Bravo.  We have this clinic twice a month on Mondays.  This is Elmer and he is welcoming the patients and sharing some thoughts with them before we start clinic. Elmer, is one of our three evangelists and he has been with us for several years.

 
 
Jose is a promoter that has been with Health Talents for many years. He has worked in a few roles here and does a very good job.  Now, he travels every day with Dr. Walter and checks patients into the clinic.

Berta works in the pharmacy. Her mother, Dina, worked for Health Talents for many years in clinics. I have attempted to get Dina to fill in some but have not been very successful. Maybe one day, my luck will change. Berta is in nursing school and seems to be doing real well. She is very attentive and helpful.

When we finish clinic early, we return to Montellano to help in another role.  There is always something to be done.




1 comment:

Mom said...

Looks like a beautiful area!!! I'd love to see it, one day!!!!!