Sunday, April 8, 2018

Back in Chichi

Not too long after I returned to Chichi, I headed to Mexico with Kemmel and Lisa.  Their sponsoring congregation, Eastside Church of Christ had asked me to join them as they went to Cozumel.  They are a main supporter of the orphanage there, Ciudad de Angeles.

We arrived in the late evening and then jumped on a small plane to go to Cozumel.  We were going to take a ferry over but they have been having safety issues with bombs.........so we thought it was best to fly over and it was a lot of fun!

We walked out on the runway and took a seat behind the pilots.

 I stole a couple of Lisa's photos since hers turned out better than mine.  Thank you, Lisa!

 Lisa getting ready to enjoy her quick flight!

 Kemmel is also ready for an adventure!

When we landed, we took a taxi to an Airbnb that Kemmel found for us.  As we waited for the key to the house, we found a taco place that Kemmel and Lisa knew about.  I had porkchop tacos.........so you ask, "Were they good?"  Well, my response is, "Yes!  They were so good that I had porkchop tacos three times that week!"

It was a good week.  We worked with Eastside and also had a day to chill at the beach.

Then it was time to return and get geared up! 

Last week I had a Pap/ IVAA class and Brenda translated for me. We already have sixteen ladies scheduled for a clinic already.  Tomorrow I will be in clinic and then have a class in Chuchipaca in the afternoon.



2 comments:

Mom said...

Weren't you on the plane, Sheri? Where is your picture????? I'm so glad that you had a good time!!!!

Samsungirexindia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.