Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Music to My Ears

Yesterday, we had clinic in Lemoa and have thirty patients.  The day moved along quickly and it was 2 pm before I realized it.

There are certain things that patients say that just always stick in my mind.........they are music to my ears.


One patient, Miguel came to the clinic last week and he is a new diabetic.  His blood sugar was 542 and he has severe allergies.  Today he looked so much better and his blood sugar was about 130.  I was so excited about the progress that he has made.

He had a lot of questions and has a lot of personal problems so we talked for awhile. He told me that he wants to change his life.  He said, ´´I want to know how to become a Christian.´´ I quickly got him a Bible with larger print, since his vision has been affected by the diabetes.

When we finished talking, I introduced him to Gaspar.  Gaspar spent a lot of time with him too and then notified people in the Chichi congregation.  They already have a date selected to study the Bible together. 

It reminded me of Manuel a few years ago that said, ´´I want to know more about the Church of Christ.´´ and then was baptized a few weeks later in Lake Atitlan.

The members at Chichi will teach Manuel and Peter taught the group in Acts, chapter 2.  Then as even Christ, Miguel may be baptized.

Luke 3, verse 21 and 22.......When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove.  And a voice came from heaven, ¨You are my Son, whom I love. With you I am well pleased.´´

We will wait to see what happens but I think that soon, we will have another soul added to The Church.


3 comments:

terry5 said...

Love to see God at work through his servants!
Linda Osborne

Mom said...

It just does not get any better than that!!!!!!!!! God is good!!!!!!

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

That's a great story about Miguel! We'll be praying for him.