Monday, October 17, 2016

Planning Their 50th Wedding Celebration!

Today, I had some of the most interesting patients.  I could really tell that this couple loved each other and that is not easy to find here in Guatemala.

They are in their early 50s and they told me how young they are!  They said that they have so much living to do and so much energy!

They told me that they are thinking of their 50th wedding anniversary.  I asked them how many years they have been married and one responded, "Thirty-one" and one responded, "Thirty-six."

He told me how much he loved her but lately, they had started fighting.  He said that this was not the way he wanted to live because he loved her and then he started crying.  We talked about some things that were causing problems and then she started crying.

I asked if I could take a photo and share their story and they wanted me to.


So, they will come and see me next week and I hope that things are better for them.  It is nice to see a Guatemalan couple not afraid to show affection.

I told them that I wanted to be invited to their 50th wedding celebration  :)  

1 comment:

Mom said...

What a sweet story!!!!!!