Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fast three weeks................

Where did that three weeks go and in such a hurry? It seems as if I just left Guatemala for a few weeks home to visit my family and friends........and now I am back.

As always, I neglected the blog. I only took one photo the whole time I was in North Carolina and here it is. This is Christmas Eve and my parents were watching some ball game. Well, dad was watching and mom went to say hello.

While I was there we celebrated my dad's birthday, I spent time with friends, had a few doctor's appointments and also met with the mission committee from my sponsoring congregation, The South Fork Church of Christ. It was a busy time but I accomplished everything I needed to do.

We took dad out a few times to celebrate his birthday. My doctor's appointments and exams went well and I am very thankful for that. South Fork will continue to sponsor me and are looking for others who might also be interested in helping. If you are, please let me know and I will send you the contact information.

And yes, my parents did spoil me when I was with them :)

It is now time to get back to work. We have a lot of different events scheduled this year and it will be a busy year. We will have our clinics and will continue with the previous classes but will also have some new ones. Spring break teams will soon visit and then later we will have the MET Program.

We pray that our work will bring our patients and their families closer to Christ. While many people do not think of their relationship to Christ. While many may think of it, they may not act on it. Others may be confused and not sure what to do. I want our teaching to be only that of the Bible for it remains forever.

Peter thought it was important that the Christians in the New Testament times remembered this as he quotes from Isaiah 40-6-8.

I Peter 1:23-25----For you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God. For, "All men are like grass and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall but the word of the Lord stands forever.

Let us continue to persevere with only His teaching.

No comments: