Sunday, July 2, 2023

It Is Not the Way That It Was Planned!!

First and foremost, when Sally dropped me off at the airport, I had no idea that I would not see my luggage for 120 hours.  Yes, that is correct.

I was flying back to Guatemala on Friday, to meet a surgical team on Saturday.  I missed my connecting flight in Dallas......and I was not the only one with flight problems.  It looked like the world had shut down and after waiting 4 hours in a line, I was told that I could not have my bags and there was no flight out for Guatemala until Sunday! I found this hard to believe, even after hearing it from two agents.

So, they were ready to push me on!  It was 12:30 am and I went outside to look for a shuttle that would honor the vouchers she had given me for transportation, a meal and a hotel. When I called the hotel, he told me that they had no shuttle to the airport and they did not have a restaurant.

I was told that hotels were filling up quickly and I should decide what to do. One nice couple told me they had a shuttle coming and their app showed there were still 4 more rooms available.  Thank you, my new friends!

Instead of arriving on Friday night, I arrived on Sunday night around midnight. I made reservations to stay at The Barcelo in Guatemala City and then will go to Montellano in the morning.

No comments: