Sunday, January 8, 2023

My Friend, Margaret

I want to tell you about my friend, Margaret.

I am so happy for Margaret because she is at peace.  She is without pain.  She is where she has talked about and looked forward to. She would say to me, "Sheri, one day I will be different. I am ready for that when the Lord is willing."

Margaret was one of the first people that I met when I moved to Winston-Salem from Atlanta.  What a faithful friend she was.  

She was never absent when there was a worship service or activity with the church.  The children that she taught through the many years would fill an elementary school.  She left her wisdom on so many young hearts!

Just a few weeks ago, we reminisced about driving through Tanglewood and looking at all of the Christmas lights.  Don drove Margaret, Sally and I through this area and we enjoyed the evening very much.  We wanted to do it again, but it was just not possible.

There is no way to fathom how her last few years of life were lived. She was such an out-going person and always ready to serve, in any way that she could! 

She will be missed by so many and yet I am thankful that she is whole, free from pain and with her Lord.


 


3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful, Sheri and so very true!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute, Sheri. I know you will miss her!

Anonymous said...

The above is from Alice