Thursday, April 18, 2019

Placencia Sidewalk

I took a taxi from The High Tide into Placencia.  The lady that picked me up had heard about me!  It was her husband who drove me to the hotel yesterday afternoon from the airport.  He later told her of how my luggage was left behind in Belize City and he brought it out to me.  I was so thankful to get my other clothes.

I asked the lady if she knew where Sonny's Resort was. She told me that it was destroyed several years ago by a hurricane but she knew where it had been.  I had her drop me off near there and I headed for the beach.

I walked along the Placencia Sidewalk until I saw a restaurant that I had read about, called Cozy Corner.  I had conch ceviche and it was wonderful!

This is the beach in fron of where Sonny's Resort was several years ago.

They have built small cabins like we stayed in but ours were not so close together.

Placencia Road connects with the Placencia Sidewalk.  Now the sidewalk in boarded but when were here before, it was just sand.

This is a soccer field close to where Sonny's Resort was. I remember there being a huge party after a soccer game and the resort not having enough food to prepare for everyone.  I think we ate off the resort that evening. The restaurant had not anticipated having so many people.

Look at the price.....over $5 a gallon.

In the evening, I walked to the other side of the peninsula and watched the sunset.  There is a huge marina with a lot of expensive toys and a dive shop.

Here come some of my friends now.  I sure would love to sleep on that boat for the night :)

OK, time to head in and prepare for tomorrow..................

1 comment:

Mom said...

The pic. are beautiful! It's like I'm right there with you!