Monday, February 5, 2018

Clinic in Chuchipaca

On  Saturday, I went to Chuchipaca for clinic.  Lisa and Kemmel went to the wedding of Noe and Kathlyn.  We had a good clinic with 30 patients. 

We saw a young man who is a patient of  Dr. Lisa and he is a severe diabetic with bilateral cataracts.  His blood sugar has been so high that the machine could not read it.  Today, it was 256!  Yes, he has a ways to go but we are seeing some progress.

I saw another lady who had something enter her right eye a month ago.  She has been going to a clinic in Solola but has not improved at all.  Sadly, her left eye has a dense cataract.  I called Sandra at ASELSI and got her an appointment in about two weeks.  I was very excited about that. Carol, a friend of mine, introduced me to Dr. DeLeon that goes there monthly to see patients and he provides a great service.

This is the Chuchipaca congregation.

Every Saturday afternoon, the ladies clean and prepare for Sunday

So after clinic today, I went to Chuchipaca to have their first ladies Bible class.  Maria went with me to translate into K'iche'.  Maria is Mauri's aunt, for those of you who have been down before. The ladies had given me a theme for today and that is what we did.

Love your children as you love God, was our topic today.  It was a good class with between 60 and 70 ladies there.

When we finished several helped me pack up everything and asked if they could ride down the road with us.  Before I knew it, six ladies had crawled into the back seat!  They did not care how cramped they were!  They laughed the whole ride and had a fun time.

We will return on March 19th for a class on Ruth and Naomi.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wonderful news!!!!!! I pray that the lady gets good help for her eyes!!!!!!