Saturday, December 2, 2017

Busting Clinic in Lemoa

It was good to have everyone in Caris today!  I do not think anyone was running on 100% energy.  Many have had bad colds, sick children, church activities and extra ABC Activities. It is the end of the year so we are finishing up things and Kemmel is preparing the calendar for 2018. We will hit the ground running in January!

I had mentioned Miguel last week, a patient what we saw in Chichi on Thurday.  He came to see Noe, the physical therapist.  Noe told me that they were going to work on some exercises that may increase his upper thigh strength.  He agreed, that there was nothing left in the lower legs but maybe some upper leg exercises would help  We are both very sad over the situation of this young man.

I talked to Nancy’s dad today.  She remains in Xela and received hemodialysis five times a week.  The father continues to want to donate a kidney. I have asked him several times if he has talked to the doctors about this yet.  He has told me that he has not and I encouraged him to do so.  It is hard not being there and only having phone conversations but someone must have mentioned it to him for him to remember it. He says that Nancy is some better and is less swollen.  She has been in Xela for almost two weeks. The dad has stayed at the hospital while the mother is home with the other children.

We had several diabetic patients today.  One man had a blood sugar of 501.  He has lost a lot of weight and has been taking natural medicine.  We started some different medicine today, talked about the diet and how to change a few other things and he will return on the 11th of December. His son, has also lost a lot of weight over 6 months had a blood sugar of 153.  It was not a fasting blood sugar so we talked about diet and exercise and will see how he is on the day that his dad returns.

Tomorrow, I  have clinic in Mactzul I with Teresa and Emilio………we will have a good day!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I am sooo glad that Nancy is still with us!!!!! I hope and pray that she gets well !!!!!!