Thursday, September 21, 2017

Last Day in Lemoa with Tomasa, Lidia and Alicia

We have had three young ladies intern with us over the last five to six weeks and they have done a great job!

They have worked with us every day, carried boxes as we packed the trucks and prepared for clinics, have taken vital signs, learned how to do some labs and even carried out urine when the patient did not understand what to do :)  Today was their last day with us so they wanted to share some cake with us.

Tomasa is on the left.  She is the daughter of our Manuel.  Lidia is in the middle and she is the daughter of our Enrique.  Alicia is on the right and she lives in Mactzul II.  I found out last night that she is a cousin of one of my sons (in the ABC Program) Esteban.  Of course, we can not forget our medical leader and mentor, Lisa!  She has the patience of an angel with all of us.............including Ana and me.

Tomorrow, we are headed for Panajxit.  I will be with Tomas, Enrique, Aura, Martina and Lidia. Aura always has more patients than I do, I need to find a way to reverse this :)

No comments: