Friday, April 5, 2019

Wow, Mactzul I Has Changed

Today, we had clinic in Mactzul I at the school.  It was a good clinic with a variety of patients.

Between patients, Teresa cleaned out the medicine boxes. I would like to be able to say that I helped her but actually I bothered and pestered her more than I helped. I just could not control myself!  I wanted to put dust and rocks in her nice, clean medicine box.  She took it well and teased me back. Manuel even started giving her a hard time but it was all in fun...........

We started this clinic at the school early in 2015.  This section was an abandoned school house that some of our adult promoters were able to study at when they were younger. Most were only able to finish 3rd or 4th grade.  There is a newer section to the school and eventually, this was torn down. This photo was taken in January of 2015.

At this time, there was an inauguration at the school and a ceremony was held to show unity through out the community.  Kemmel spoke and represented Health Talents. He explained that we would be there every Friday and welcomed everyone to visit the clinic. Others from the community spoke, which included a Catholic Priest and a Mayan Priest.

There were several in attendance!The whole front of the new section was full with chairs and then people were also sitting in the backs of their trucks.

The landscaping has changed drastically in the last few months.  They now have cleared away the land in front, laid a cement foundation and have built this enormous cover.  The section of school to the far left is the section that replaced the old school.

For lunch we enjoyed eggs and tortillas.  We finished up with the last few patients and then started packing up for the day.

Tomorrow, we will have clinic in Lemoa and I hope that we have some patients.  I am going to buy pizzas for us and then our friend will deliver them to us to enjoy for lunch.  Really, they are a peace-offering to Teresa for picking on her so much   :) :) :)












1 comment:

Mom said...

The new school looks, wonderful and the pizza is a good idea!!!! :)