Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Belize......After All of These Years!!

I have lost track of how many years it has been since I have visited Belize.  For some reason, it has always stayed on my mind and I finally have a chance to return.  When I return to Guatemala, I will look in my old passport to actually see how many years it has been. I was on a three week vacation  of Guatemala and Belize with Janice and Barbara, who I worked with and also some other friends. I had no idea then, that someday, Guatemala would be my home.

I left the hotel in Antigua at 0400 and made my way to a small plane in Belize.  When we boarded, it looked to small to actually fly.  It reminded me of the flight that I took with Kemmel and Lisa last year to Cozumel to translate at the orphanage.  Flap those arms hard!!

So before take off, he let me jump out and crank the prop!

He ushered me out to the plane and he told me that I would have a private plane for the first five minutes. We would land in Belize City and pick someone up.  He was correct.........it was someone, so this one guy and I had a semi-private flight.

Getting ready to land in Placencia, Belize.

This looked very familiar after all of these years.

I got a taxi to my hotel, The High Tide Guest House.  It is only about ten minutes from the airport.

I got settled into my room and met Cheryl, who runs the guesthouse.  It is super clean and in a quiet location.

I am about half a block from the beach and checked out the surroundings.  I went down on the beach to read a little and then walked down the beach for an early dinner. This was the view from my table!  I enjoyed fish tacos and then a quick swim in the pool. I slept for a few minutes and then was back on the beach!

How could the day gone any better??  Well, they did loose my luggage for about two hours in Belize City but that sure did not ruin my day!  Tomorrow??  Who knows...........but I will keep you posted.


3 comments:

Mom said...

Soooo pretty!!!!! Have fun and relax!!!! You've earned it!!!!!

Mariam said...

MY NAME IS MARIAM BAURICE FROM SOUTH AFRICA...I SAW THIS COMMENT ON POSITIVE BLOGS AND I WILL LOVE TO TELL EVERYBODY HOW MY STATUS CHANGES TO NEGATIVE, AND AM NOW A LIVING WITNESS OF IT AND I THINK ITS A SHAME ON ME IF I DON'T SHARE THIS LOVELY STORY WITH OTHER PEOPLE INFECTED WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS...,HIV HAS BEEN ONGOING IN MY FAMILY... I LOST BOTH PARENTS TO HIV,. AND IT IS SO MUCH PAIN IVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET OVER.. AS WE ALL KNOW MEDICALLY THERE IS NO SOLUTION TO IT..AND MEDICATION IS VERY EXPENSIVE..SO SOMEONE INTRODUCED ME TO A NATIVE MEDICAL PRACTITIONER IN AFRICA..I HAD A JOB THERE TO EXECUTE SO I TOOK TIME TO CHECK OUT ON HIM.I SHOWED HIM ALL MY TESTS AND RESULTS.. I WAS ALREADY DIAGNOSED WITH HIV AND IT WAS ALREADY TAKING ITS TOWL ON ME.. I HAD SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS SO I DECIDED TO TRY HIM OUT...I WAS ON HIS DOSAGE FOR 6MONTHS. ALTHOUGH I DIDNT BELIEVE IN IT, I WAS JUST TRYING IT OUT OF FRUSTRATION... AND AFTER 2 WEEKS, I WENT FOR NEW TESTS... AND YOU WONT BELIEVE THAT 5 DIFFERENT DOCTORS CONFIRMED IT THAT AM NEGATIVE..IT WAS LIKE A DREAM,,I NEVER BELIEVE AIDS HAS CURE..AM NOW NEGATIVE,,AM A LIVING WITNESS..I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK THIS MAN... I JUST WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN ANY WAY I CAN..HAVE JOINED MANY FORUMS AND HAVE POSTED THIS TESTIMONIES AND ALOT OF PEOPLE HAS MAIL AND CALLED THIS MAN ON PHONE AND AFTER 2 WEEKS THEY ALL CONFIRMED NEGATIVE..BBC NEWS TOOK IT LIVE AND EVERY.. HOPE HE HELPS YOU OUT.. EVERYBODY SAW IT AND ITS NOW OUT IN PAPERS AND MAGAZINES THAT THERE'S NATIVE CURE FOR HIV AND ALL WITH THE HELP OF THIS MAN,,HAVE TRIED MY OWN PARTS AND ALL LEFT WITH YOU,,IF YOU LIKE TAKE IT OR NOT..GOD KNOWS HAVE TRIED MY BEST.ABOUT 97 PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE THROUGH ME..AND THEY SEND MAILS TO THANKS ME AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN CONFIRMED NEGATIVE,,THIS MAN IS REAL..DON'T MISS THIS CHANCE,,HIV IS A DEADLY VIRUS,,GET RID OF IT NOW..
case there is anyone who has similar problem and still

looking for a way out, and he those cast all kind of spell like ::
Love Spells
Luck, Money Spells
Health, Well Being
Protection, Healing
Curses, ex, Breakups
NEW! Combo Spells
High Priestess Spells
Vampire Spells
Authentic Voodoo Spells
Custom, Other Spells
Business spells
Health/Healing spells
Curse removal
Job spells
Healing from all kind of diseases
Love binding
Barrenness(need a child)
Need love
Lottery Spells
Promotions
Success
Money rituals
winning court case
Divorce spells
Low sperm count
Infertility in women
Breast enlargement/reduction
Penis enlargement/reduction
YOU CAN CONTACT HIM HERE AS (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) if you need any question contact me via here as mariambaurice@gmail.com thanks
Mariam Baurice

Janice said...

I remember the Placencia airport!!! It was a dirt runway with a little thatched roof hut where we waited for a taxi!!🙃