Monday, April 22, 2019

Winding Up the Placencia Trip

Yesterday, I flew back to Guatemala from Placencia.  I love those small planes and short flights.  I did not have a private flight yesterday but it was fascinating. I watched the reflection of the plane in the clouds, the whole flight.

 It was just beautiful in the clouds as we flew from Placenia to Flores and then on to Guatemala City.

Clearing customs in Flores was a breeze. The flight to Guatemala was beautiful.  It was my first time flying in at night and we flew near the volcanoes.  There was red lava flowing and I wish that I had been prepared to take some photos.

It was a short nap in Antigua and then up and ready to catch a shuttle in the morning.  I went to Los Encuentros and then changed shuttles for Chichi.

I was in the middle, front seat next to the driver. We started slowing down as we were climbing up to Chichi. When I looked to the right our the window, this was my view.

Nothing like being reminded of what can happen on the climb to Chichi.

In just a few minutes, the traffic had come to a complete stop.  There were three vehicles stopped in the road.  One in the right lane, then one in the left lane and then the third was in the right lane.  We had to zig-zag to get by.

So, follow the bus ahead of us as it passed the first truck and now is in the process of passing the one one the left. As he approaches the third on, which is on the right, he has trouble.

He has to back up and make four attempts to pass the trailer.  Needless to say, it was very interesting.

Made it back to Chichi and I was thankful. I had a great time in Belize and will return one day. Now it is time to shift gears and get ready for Jodi to visit us and then had to Montellano for a surgical clinic. It will be a small team but there are several new people on it so it will be nice to meet some new people................plus see some others that I have worked with before! 





1 comment:

Mom said...

Great Pictures, Sheri!!!! I love the one of your plane in the, clouds! It would have been neat if you had gotten some, night pictures. Next time. :)