Friday, April 12, 2019

Meet Glenda From Paxot III

Today, we had clinic in Paxot II.  We had a good number and a good variety of patients.

When it was lunch time, we walked to Manuel's home and enjoyed lunch. The kitchen was full of family and we had a great time.  Manuel's mother was in her usual position and served the soup into two bowls. In one bowl was the broth and in the other bowl was squash, carrot and beef. We also enjoyed lime, avocado and tortillas. 

Meals are always interesting in this home.  You can openly see how important family is to this culture. There were seventeen of us and we had a great time.  Lunch went quickly and then it was back to clinic.

It was almost time to close up and then I found out that my newest ABC Daughter was there from Paxot III.  I have not had the opportunity to meet her yet......................so here she is!

Her name is Glenda and she lives down the road, in another community.  She is studying to be a secretary and has one more year of school.  She likes lipstick, jewelry and likes to study.........yes, she IS my daughter!

I asked her if she is studying English and she said yes.  She told me that she had a project from school that she was working on and I offered my help her if she would like it. We will meet for ice cream on Sunday at 2pm and I will help her with her English project.




1 comment:

Mom said...

I would love to meet my grandchildren. I think you should make that possible, soon! This girl is, beautiful. She looks old enough to be in college. See, you do make a wonderful mother!!!!