Saturday, April 13, 2019

Clinic in Lemoa

Today is Saturday, which is OUR FRIDAY.........................if you can follow that, you are doing well.  When I have clinics on Saturdays, I always joke that this is our Friday and tomorrow is our Saturday.

I forgot to share this photo with you from yesterday.  This turkey, this is not a very good photo but will show the point, is mothering these 9 baby chicks!  She talks to them and they follow her around.  When she loses track of one, she goes back to gather it!

The other day returning from clinic, Martina was making a lot of phone calls. I did not pay much attention as she was primarily speaking in K'iche'.  When she finished, she told me that she was trying to find a turkey egg to place under her turkey. She told me that a turkey will take another egg and care for it until it hatches as if it were her own. I am not a farm girl so I do not know these kind of things. I am always learning something.

We did not have a lot of patients today. We have been announcing and talking about the new clinic on Saturday but it will take some time for people to remember it.  We counted a lot of pills, cleaned, organized and ate.  Manuel took a truck to get it serviced and when he returned, he surprised us with a  morning snack.  It is white corn broth with a few black beans, in which you flavor with anything that you want to use.  Everyone uses the Palitos and then you have options of chili, lime, salt or chicken flavoring.  I like mine with Palitos, lime and salt.........hold the chili and chicken, please.

On Monday, I will continue with the ladies in Chuchipaca. We are studying Proverbs 31 about the Virtous Woman.  We are talking about the manner in which she works and cares for her family.  She is not lazy but works though the day and into the evening to provide the best she can.

The ladies have always enjoyed examples so I try to prepare some for them. So, if you were in the market and wanted to buy something..................would you be more likely to buy from this lady??

Or would you buy from this lady??  Everyone selected the second photo and explained by saying, they would buy from her because she is prepared to sell.

People see our actions and they observe our behavior.  It is obvious the first lady, at the moment that the photo was taken, was not interested in making a sell.

So, that is on the agenda for Monday.

On Tuesday, I will go to Antigua and then fly to Belize.  Semana Santa in Chichicastenango is packed and very crowded.  I am going to make an escape!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Great example, Sheri and so true!