Monday, March 27, 2023

More on the Wheelchair Jornada

I want to share a little more with you over the wheelchair team with Faith and Practice.

This morning, the nursing group had our weekly devotional together.  Darling led the devotional and she selected verses from Job for us to read. For those who know the story of Job, know that he suffered issue, after issue and loss, after loss.  He questioned God, and why God allowed him to struggle.

Last week, we were able to help 106 patients by improving their mobility and hopefully, their independence. I am sure that the majority of this population have questioned God.  Why did God allow this accident to happen to me and I will never be able to walk again?  God, would it not have been better for me if I had died and then I would not have been a burden for my family? Lord, what did I do wrong to cause my child to be born like this?

The list of questions will continue until the of this world.  People will continue to wonder why things happen and the majority will never have a sufficient answer that brings peace. This is the reality, of a non-perfect world.

The only peace that we can achieve is through Christ. It is the only way.

Many of the patients left during the week, excited with their walker.

 
Some were very excited with their new wheelchair.
 
 
Some were very inventive on the way they would get it home.
 
Faith in Practice also donated two wheelchairs to the local Red Cross.
 
I
If you have read about our collaboration with the Guatemalan Ministry of Agriculture, this area is of great interest.  They are here several times a week, caring for the plants and watering them as needed. 

Recently, they placed the bamboo fence to prevent any damage to the young plants.

It is our faith that keeps us going. Our knowledge that this world is temporary and eventually, our struggles on this earth will pass, gives us hope for the eternity.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, these blogs about the wheelchair week have been very interesting and encouraging. What a wonderful collaboration.