Saturday, March 30, 2019

ABC Children from La Palma and Update on Fearful Wednesday

This morning, we all met in Lemoa to see children from the La Palma area. We had eleven children and their parents come to see us. They all arrived in a small truck.....and I mean a small truck. The back end barely cleared the ground.

Many have asked about the woman who was in labor on Wednesday. I will update you on her in a little.

La Palma is a small community about two hours from Chichi.  We saw eleven students today and they were all doing well.

My parents have sponsored Noe for about 12 years now. This is the first photo of Noe that my parents received.

Now Noe is 14 years old and he is the young man on the left. Next to him is his sister, Alejandra, his mom and then his brother, Domingo.

We wish them the best as they continue their studies.

On Tuesday, I told you about a lady that almost gave birth on our exam table. Manuel drove them home but he left his number with them, in case they needed anything.  About an hour later they called him and asked him to take them to the health department.  We packed Manuel up and we went to be the ambulance service of HTI.  Notice, I sent him!!

Yes, I sent Manuel since I was afraid this lady was going to give birth at any moment!  Especially when she squeezed her midwife's hand during a contraction and weakly screamed, "Help me!"

Today at lunch, I asked Manuel if he had heard anything from the family and he said that he had.  After he had driven them the health department, they were sent to the National Hospital in Santa Cruz and they did a C-Section.  I knew we were close!  Whew!

So reliving the event on Tuesday, everyone started laughing and calling Manuel the ambulance service of HTI.  If you have been around us, you know that we can get kind of goofy and joke around a lot, especially at lunch.  So someone started making ambulance noises and then others started.  People decided that Teresa made the best siren noise so we are going to strap her to the top of the truck the next time and put a red bag over her head as Manuel drives the patient where they need to go!! Not  a dull lunch for sure!


1 comment:

Mom said...

Sheri, you forgot to tell us if she had a boy or a girl and if it was a healthy baby! I still think that you should have delivered it for her!