Friday, November 16, 2012

Class in Mactzul VI

Today, we had another ladies Bible Class in Mactzul VI.  There were about 30 ladies present and it was an encouraging time together.  As we have studied over the several months, it is good to look out into the group and see those who attend regularly.  I have to admit that the participation has not been what I hoped for, but some things just take time.

The topic today was depression.  This subject was selected by the ladies in Chichi, not Mactzul VI.
The first five minutes of the class were a disaster.  No one seemed to know what I was talking about and Ana Maria, who translates for me, was giving me the look that she did not understand either.

So I quickly back-pedaled. 

I started talking about what sadness is.  I thought of some examples that they might understand..........and then, they finally did. Whew.................there was no need to continue if we were all lost.

One lady told me that they are lucky here in Matzul VI.  She said there is always some degree of sadness but not depression. She told me that she has a friend that lives in another community that does not want to change her clothes or bathe.  When she told me this, then I knew they understood since I had not mentioned these symptoms of depression.

I hope that it warms up a little over the weekend.  It sure has been cold.

Monday, we have a class in Mactzul II and on Tuesday, in Chichi.


No comments: