Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clinic in Xepol

Today the guys and I headed to Xepol for clinic. We had a small clinic of nine patients but that is ok. We had some good conversations with patients and as I have mentioned before, you never know the impact that you may have on someone during the day.

This is the view from where we have clinic. It was a very pretty day.

One patient brought these in and gave them to Juan. I had no idea that the red object was also a mushroom. Very pretty but I would not eat it.

Victor came to clinic with his mother and he continues to do well. He had two seizures this month but they were light ones. He and his mother are very thankful for the medicine that is helping him. The big news is that he wants to move to Guatemala City and work with his dad and brother but his father is not excited about this.

I told his mom that I wish I could talk to his dad. His dad has never come to clinic before and I have heard that he has some problems. Victor is very smart but was kept from going to school due to his seizures and fighting with other children. His mom has told me that this behavior has stopped.

If we don't allow Victor to work, what will his future be like? When I asked his mom that, she seemed to understand but did not say much. There is a chance that Victor's brother will come here and teach him about the work and see how he does.

I am especially concerned about Victor going live with his dad due to the negative influence he will be under. Tomas and I talked to him about. I told him that is he stops taking the medicine that the seizures will probably happen more often. I want him to know he has to take this medicine for a long time. He can not just stop it. I warned him about drinking alcohol and that this is going to be very difficult for him, especially if his family does. I want him to work but I am afraid of him going to live with his dad. We will see.

Please read Lisa and Kemmel's blog from today at, www.kemmelandlisa.blogspot.com
It is an excellent post that talks about different activities and growth of some of the local congregations. I found it very exciting.

Tomorrow, Juan and some of us will go to the Paxot II schools to do the basic hygiene classes for the children. He thinks that there are seven classes. I think we can finish all of the classes. It becomes a challenge to keep the energy up so the guys do not get bored with the classes. I do not want the students to get bored with us because we lack enthusiasm with the message.

I will keep you posted!

No comments: