Thursday, July 21, 2011

Classes in Paxot II

One reason I enjoy being here in Guatemala is that I get the opportunity to do a lot of different things. There are so many aspects of the ministry that Kemmel and Lisa allow me to participate in.

If you have been following the blogs, you know that we have been allowed to go into the school system and teach some basis classes on hygiene. We were also gifted some "anti-worm" pills so we have been distributing those to the students and teachers.

Today, we went to Paxot II and had seven classes! We have been taking different people to help with the classes. This way they also learn the material and some day, they will be able to teach the classes.

Today, our Juan and Juan Canche went with me. Juan C. volunteered to become, "Dirty Juan." I told him that just a little mud would be ok but when I turned around, I found that he really got into the part!! What a good sport he was!

The students knew us so that also helped the classes go well.

There was no water in the school so the students either swallowed the pill or decided to chew it. This student chewed his and then fell out of his seat! I had my camera ready and caught it.

The teachers and students participated well. It was a great day.

When I got back to Chichi, Lisa called me about a child that came to see her in Lemoa. Some of you that were here a few weeks ago will remember her from Xepocol. She was the child that had her lip repaired when she was only four months old and her name is Maria. Well, she saw Lisa today and her mother also needs to have surgery. So, if all of the lab work returns good, both Maria and her mother will be going with us to Lemoa in August! How exciting is that??

I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Mom said...

Love this post Sheri!!!!

Glenda said...

What great news about Maria!