Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Slumber Party at Bea's

Last night mom and I drove to Winston for a slumber party at Bea's. We stopped along the way to get Mary and then progressed to Bea's house.

Carolyn was already at her house when we pulled in the driveway. We would have arrived earlier but I could not read my own directions. The five of us enjoyed a wonderful meal of chicken and rice soup, biscuits-------hmmmmmm........ let me tell you about those biscuits, shaved country ham and fresh strawberry jam.

OK, about those biscuits......as you know from previous blogs, I do not cook or bake........so anything from scratch is a real treat for me. I watched her kneed, roll, flour, cut........then bake. Being a woman of many talents, she can transition from the kitchen into cutting tile for the house she is remodeling. She is a great hostess and we really enjoyed the evening.

I think that Carolyn, Mary, mom and I had a great time. Thank you, Bea!

No comments: