Saturday, April 26, 2008

Clinic in Mactzul V

Gaspar called me this morning and he had spent the night in Santa Cruz so I met him near his hotel and then we drove to pick up Juan. Yesterday, Juan asked me if he could drive today so as we pulled up to the bridge that we meet him at, I hopped out and told him it was his turn to drive. "Are you sure?" he asked. I responded, "Sure!" I was very proud of him and he drove very carefully.

Clinic was very small today and we were told it was because a young boy in the community had died. When there are other events the day of clinic as weddings, funerals, parties or political activities our numbers really drop. It is just something that we don't have control over.

I was very pleased to see Jeremias come to the clinic today. He is the young man that we took to the hospital on March 29. He had his appendix removed and then was baptized. He looked good today but his family was concerned because he was not eating very much. I told them that his appetite will return in time. His incision looked good, he did not have any fever, only minimal discomfort and he was walking very good.

After clinic we went to Lemoa and unloaded the truck. We will not have clinic again until next Friday so there is not need to keep everything in the garage. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday we will be in The City for meetings. Rick will be back down and we will be with the staff from Montellano also. It should be a good time for sharing ideas and making some plans for the next year.

I decided that the circus was not going to leave Santa Cruz until I went......so I went this evening. I can not believe that they have stayed in town for 3 weeks. I watched for about 1.5 hours and then came home. It was interesting but I just had my mind on other things I needed to be doing.

Tonight I completed my Continuing Education Hours for my nursing license. It is good to have that done. I need a new adventure to take on........I am researching a few so I will keep you posted.

We have English class in the morning and then it is time to clean my house again. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like cats, you know! not many in guatemala