Thursday, April 17, 2008

Clinic in Lemoa

I picked JoLee up at the hotel this morning and we drove to Lemoa for clinic. As usual we began our day with prayer. We prayed for the patients and staff at Clinica Ezell and we prayed for their safe return to the States on Saturday.

We had 12 medical patients today and we had a few that really enjoyed talking. One man said he had been a diabetic for many years and never took medicine. His blood sugar was 274 so we talked about medicine and changing his diet. We will see what his blood sugar is next Thursday.

For lunch, we walked to the house behind the clinic and had chicken, rice, salad and tortillas. It was a very good lunch but afterwards we all wanted to take a nap.... but there was more work to be done.
While we were eating, these ladies were laughing at us taking photos. They wanted their photo taken but as soon as I took out the camera, they pulled out their serious faces :)
After clinic JoLee and I went to Chichi to talk around the market. She bought a small bag and bargained with a boy over a skirt.......he loved every minute of it! We decided to eat steak on the street near my house so we bought some onions in the market. It was odd because I kept smelling green onions as we were walking but forgot I had put them in my backpack.

When we returned to Santa Cruz, we went to visit my little lady friend who fell and broke her finger. I took her some cream for her hand and some vitamins. She is such a sweet lady.

When we reached the restaurant, I asked the owner if she would grill the onions for us. She did not mind at all and they were wonderful! I think the aroma created more business for her as the customers lined up on the street.

Tomorrow morning JoLee will travel to Antigua to meet the group and the guys and I will go to Choacaman IV.

No comments: