Saturday, July 1, 2023

June Was a Tornado!

 June was fast and furious but it sure was an adventure!

We started June with a GYN, ENT and General Surgeries. It was a great week and a lot was accomplished....Gracias a Dios.

Below is the surgical team that served during the week. What servent-like hearts they have!

It was a great mix among the team. One extra blessing was having Bode's wife, Brenda, with us. She fit right in and provided care for patients and assisted in many ways. I would like to be able to say something about each person, because each used their abilities in special ways.......Thank you!

Before the clinic started on Sunday afternoon, Rigoberto went to pray with the patients. Many have hear me say, it is an honor and a privilege to pray with patients.

Each night, we prayed specifically for patients by their name.  Bode writing down the patients who had surgery that day.

One of our patients who enjoyed playing with the children.
 
What fun they had!

 
Baldemar spending some time with a patient.
 
 
Some of the recovery room staff.
 
 
We had a total of 50 patients for the week.

Silvia and Iris in pre-op, preparing patients for surgery.

 
Thursday afternoon, when all of the surgery is completed, it is time to rest.  Several went to the chocolate farm. For those of us who stayed to care for patients, I ran to Sarita's for ice cream sandwiches. 
 
Katie enjoys a moment to breath, as well as Susan.

 
It was a fantastic week. This photo was taken by someone that shows the beauty of the compound at daybreak.

And the beauty at night.

I went to Antigua with the team, since I flew back to my parents on Saturday. I planned a short trip to Cancun with my mom.  It was a great week, even though both of us had colds and some of the time did not feel well.

I had told mom how much she would like the hammocks in the water......and she sure did!

 
This was my favorite place to chill.......
 
I also visited the South Fork Church of Christ, when I was in the states. They were surprised and I loved seeing them.

On June 30th I had a flight back to Guatemala, to meet another surgical team.

Please stay in tune and continue to follow the adventure!


No comments: