Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Meet another Shery!

Today, we had clinic in Chicacao, which is near Montellano. It is a fairly new clinic and continues to do well.  We try to have two providers here on Tuesday, as sometimes there are close to fifty patients.  Many of these are diabetics so there is a lot of teaching involved.

Josue gets to the clinic around 0630 and sets up for us.  I arrived at 0700 with Dra. Marta and Elmer.  Many of you will remember Josue, from working in the dormitory area for many years.  Elmer is one of the evangelists and he also has been with HTI for many years.

We set up clinic, prayed and then began seeing patients.  

The first patient was a man in his late 30's and he had a huge neck mass. I do not think that I have ever seen one this large before.  I sent him for an ultrasound and some labwork.  Hopefully, he will return to see us next week.

Around noon, I received a call saying Evelyn was going to be bringing her baby.  If you have been reading the blog, Evelyn and her husband Javier were baptized just a few weeks ago in Montellano.

So, in comes Evelyn with her baby and she tells me she is 15 days old..........her mother quickly states that she is only 12 days old.......so the saga begins. Ages here, in Guatemala, are only an idea of a length of time. It is something that is not really emphasized. 

So, I look at this darling baby..........she is just a doll!!

Then I look at the form to see what has been going on, and her name is Shery! Evelyn handed me Shery, while she and her mom just grinned.  It was a surprise for me and I hope that she will be happy with that name.  Guess I may just have to stick around for a few more years and watch her grow up!

So, on Sundays in the future, there will be two of us in Montellano!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful.

Alice said...

What an honor! Sheri you are exactly where you are supposed to be.❤️

Marie Agee said...

See what an effect you have on people! You are such a love they name babies after you! ❤️

Pat said...

She couldn’t have a better role model. So yes, stick around.

Sheri said...

Thank you everyone, for your kind words!! Maybe all of you will get to meet her one day!

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I am just finding out about this news. Wow, I rejoice with you and pray that the grace of God be with Shery and her parents.