Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday in Santa Cruz and Osman

This morning, Katy and I traveled to Santa Cruz for worship.  When we arrived, we received a call from Osman's dad saying that they were in the park and did not know where the church was.  We offered to go and meet them.

As we were walking back, I saw Magda.  It is the first time in several months that I have seen her outside of her house walking.  It is good to know that she is getting better.  I told her that Katy and I would return after worship for a visit. She said that she would be waiting for us.

The church is continuing to grow and it is an encouragement.  Before we participated in the Lord's Supper, we were asked to stand.  He then asked everyone to be seated but to remain standing if we had prayer requests.  Osman's mom speaks some Spanish but her primary language is K'iche'.  She did not understand, so she remained standing. 

The young man asked Osman's mom what prayer requests she had, but she was confused.  Osman's dad then stood up and started telling their story of Osman and going to the coast for surgery last week.  Francisco, one of the men in the congregation, understanding that everyone was a little confused, came over and said that he wanted to pray for Osman and the whole family. His prayer was special and very meaningful.

I was so thankful at this moment for how Fransisco handled this situation. I am also sure that the young man in front of the congregation was appreciative.

Osman is looking great!  His lip is healing well and there was no sign of infection.  Below is Osman with his parents, brother and sister.  I will see them again on Monday in Lemoa.

Katy and I returned to Magda's house but she was not there. We waited for a few minutes but not knowing how long she would be, opted to put her medicine inside the door with a note.  I will return another day to visit her.

We drove to Panajachel and then took a boat over to Santa Cruz.  We walked around and I showed her where the Lost Inguana was.  We wanted to sit in the hammocks but they were being used.  We walked along the shore line of the lake and I looked at a few other places to visit at another time.

We enjoyed a nice dinner on the lake.  What a delightful day it was!

1 comment:

Kemmel and Lisa Dunham said...

That's great about Osman's family!