Saturday, October 27, 2012

Clinic in Chuchipaca

This morning as I was getting ready to leave, Kemmel called and told me that the road to Chuchipaca is closed.  He said that they will allow you to pass through but you have to pay 400 Q.  No way!  So, he told me of a different way to get there and said that Manuel also knows the road.

I met Manuel and we headed to Chuchipaca. We found the road without any problem and arrived in time to start clinic.

We had two patients that have epilepsy, but are controlled.  One is abused at home but she has moved in with her mother. She told me that she is doing better but I am not sure.  She usually is very talkative and sometimes even sings to me but she was very subdued today.  Sometimes, we just do not know what people live through with different illnesses and home situations.

One lady has asked me a few times to check to see if she was pregnant.  She never has been, until today!  I thought she would be real excited but it was hard to tell.

We had a good clinic with 10 patients.  I think we would have had more but it was very cold and rainy.

Manuel and I made our way back to Chichi without any problems.  We are always thankful for that.

I have been craving pizza so I decided that it was time to make some.  Now, things are different here in Guatemala when it comes to cooking.  So, I made a whole wheat pizza dough and put it in a bread maker and got that ready.  Lisa had taught me how to prepare hierbas, which are basically just weeds.  We do not have a pizza sauce, so I used spaghetti sauce.............then I topped it with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.   Oh my.............

A couple of days to rest and then back to clinic on Tuesday.


No comments: