Sunday, January 1, 2012

Back in Chichicastenango..........Happy New Year!!

This morning I brought a shuttle back to Chichi from Antigua. Last night was kind of crazy in Antigua. There were a lot of people celebrating but things settled down at 12:01! Whew!!

I arrived in Chichi about 0930 and came to the house. Tomasita and Jaime were here and they are doing well. They had painted my house while I was gone and washed the curtains. The house looks very nice and I appreciate their work.

Tomasita had a tamale for me to eat and she also brought me some poinsettias. I brought her a robe for Christmas since she is always telling me how much she likes mine. Here she poses with her new robe and my flowers.

It is odd trying to get use to the sounds again.........the birds sliding down the tin roof, the roosters, chickens and other animals. I know those roosters will be awake at o430.

No comments: